Through a special agreement between the United State Department of State and Amazon, U.S. Embassy in Ukraine is providing Kindle eReader devices containing selected publications about the United States. These Kindles contain the English-language fiction and non-fiction across a range of topics, including U.S. business, history, culture, and education. Among the titles are works of classical American literature, biographies of historical and famous personalities, and reference sources.
To ensure access for the broadest audiences, Kindles are for direct hands-on use by the public.
The Library is not responsible for any liability, damages or expense resulting from use or misuse of the device, connection of the device to other electronic devices or data loss resulting from use of device. The Library is not responsible for downloaded content on the device.
Any use of the device for illegal purposes, unauthorized copying of copyright-protected material in any format or transmission of threatening, harassing, defamatory or obscene materials is strictly prohibited.
- The library informs users about new books downloaded to the e-reader.
- The library instructs users on how to use e-readers.
- The library loans e-readers to the library users for inside the Library use only.
Reserving an eReader / Kindle
To reserve E- reader - order it from the Library e-Сatalogue.
E-book readers are loaned on a first-come, first-served basis.
E-book readers may not be reserved in advance, but will be held for a user until the close of business the same day the user calls.
E-readers are not to be lent via Inter-Library Loan.
Lending within Library Only
- E-readers can only be used in designated areas of the Library.
Only registered library users can borrow E-readers. Before borrowing E-reader a library user signs a typical liability document.
- Under no circumstances E-reader devices can be carried out of the Library building.
The E-reader must be in user’s care at all times and cannot be left unattended.
No content can be altered, added, deleted or copied on patron’s device.
- Borrower can not tamper with the E-reader device or with any accessories or equipment designed for the use with the E-reader.
- The E-reader must be returned only to return desk and handed directly to a librarian to check-in.
It may not be left at the desk if no staff member is present. If the return desk is unattended, borrower should find a library staff member to assist them.
- The E-reader must not be placed in a book-drop.
- Device will be inspected for condition and content before and after patron use.
No content can be added.
- Any changes in condition or content while in the patron’s care will be the patron’s responsibility.
- The patron is responsible for damage, loss or theft and added content. Costs must be paid immediately.
- The e-reader can be used within the reading room only and cannot be loaned for usage at home.
- E-readers can not be returned to other branches within the library system.
- Borrower must inform the librarian in case of any technical problems with the e-reader.
HOW USE KINDLES and iPADS